Enjoy the health benefits of turmeric with this traditional recipe for turmeric chicken curry.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 servings
Gluten Free, Indian
Nutrition facts: 1 serving = 268 calories, 14g fat (not including rice), 14g carbohydrates, 25g protein
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (4 thighs)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup crushed tomoatoes
- 4 tsp ground tumeric
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Chop the garlic and the onion in a food processor (or by hand) until fine.
- In a large nonstick pan, heat the canola oil. Add chicken and brown it on all sides for a few minutes. Add the garlic and onion and saute
for about 5 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, turmeric, cloves, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with fresh parsley if desired.