As the population of Waynesboro continues to grow and change, so do we. Summit Health is bringing the care you need closer to home. The new Waynesboro Medical Office Building offers several specialty care options all under one roof.
The new building offers a more modern, healing atmosphere. Every detail was designed to create a better experience for you. Services available include:
- Summit Breast Care Services
- Summit Cancer & Hematology Services
- Summit Cardiology
- Summit Endocrinology
- Summit ENT & Hearing Services
- Summit Orthopedic Group
- Summit Podiatry
- Summit Primary Care & Walk-in
- Summit Surgical Group
- Summit Urology Group
- Summit Women's Group
- Waynesboro Medical Office Building was designed using lean concepts so that supplies and equipment are close at hand and there is minimal waste of movement and motion by staff. In addition, staff will work in core areas, while the exam rooms are located in outer hallways allowing for natural light and elimination of congestion in the clinical areas of the offices.
- The colors were chosen to provide a soothing comforting atmosphere. We selected colors that were muted for the majority of the walls, but added a hint of the unexpected through accent pieces, fabrics and art work.
- The building represents an investment of approximately $15 million, including sitework, construction, equipment, and furnishings. The project was awarded a $2.5 million Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program grant.
- The three-story medical office building is about 54,676 square feet.
- We have 272 tons of steel with 10,887 bolts holding it all together.
- There are 1,150 cubic yards of concrete in the foundations and floors.
- The underground storm water detention structure has a capacity of 235,000 gallons.
- We have uncovered 8 stone wall cisterns on the site, the deepest being more than 20 feet.
- The project is supporting about 150 full-time construction jobs for a little over a year.
Financial assistance for the Waynesboro Medical Office Building was provided by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and former Gov. Tom Corbett through the Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program grant. GMS Funding Solutions helped secure the grant.
Pyramid Construction Services of Wormleysburg is overseeing the project and GS Architects of Haverton is the architectural firm. Barton Engineering of York is the engineer. We have a number of contractors who have worked on the project, including:
- David H. Martin Excavating Inc. – Chambersburg
- K&M Dri-Lay Masonry – Waynesboro
- Stouffer Mechanical Contractor – Chambersburg
- Ellsworth Electric of PA Inc. – Chambersburg
- RA Hill Inc. – Chambersburg
- B&D Lawn & Landscaping Inc. – Waynesboro
- Superior Floorcoverings & Kitchens LLC – Chambersburg
- Decorating Den - Chambersburg
- Security Fence Company – Red Lion
- Lorne G. Seifert LLC – Dillsburg
- Kepler Masonry – Harrisburg
- Ritner Steel – Carlisle
- Nicholas Evanoff Roofing – Harrisburg
- Hershocks Inc. – Harrisburg
- LaPorte Painting Inc. – Harrisburg
- ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas – York
- Diamond Automatic Sprinklers Inc. – Mt. Holly Springs
- Kelly Systems Inc. – Harrisburg