You can do your part to spread kindness instead of pain. Here are some ways you can do your part.
The warning signs of suicidal thoughts are not always easy to see. Here’s what you can look for.
Whether it's bullying today or the loss of a job tomorrow, the resilience we nurture in children will help them cope with the difficulties they encounter.
Every day stress can be overwhelming at times. Download and share this flyer for resources that can help.
Bullying: What can you do?
- Tips for parents, educators, community members, teens and kids to stop bullying on the spot. Learn more
- You can prevent bullying. Learn more
- Learn how to respond to bullying. Learn more
- Be aware of cyberbullying. Learn more
- Stop office bullying. Learn more
- Know Bullying, a mobile app that has simple conversation starters to begin a discussion with your child. Learn more
Suicide Prevention Resources
Suicide Intervention Training - Mental Health Association of Franklin and Fulton Counties
MHA has certified instructors who provide training in two different types of evidence based intervention models. Learn more
American Psychological Association
Healthy Childhood Development
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Learn more
- From Reporting to Supporting - Learn how to use Facebook to support someone in crisis
Substance abuse and Metal Health Services Administration
SAMHSA provides suicide prevention information and other helpful resources to behavioral health professionals, the general public, and people at risk.
Veterans Crisis Line
Confidential help for veterans and their families. Learn more
- Take a Self-Check Quiz to learn whether stress and depression might be affecting you.
Franklin County Veteran Affairs
Resources for local veterans including the Save A Vet, Save A Pet service dog program. These dogs are capable of serving veterans with a number of physical and psychological needs.
Give an Hour
Free mental health services for U.S. military personnel and families. Use the Provider Search to find providers offering telephone support or video counseling.
Provides mental health and drug and alcohol services throughout the Franklin and Fulton County areas.