Because Summit Health espouses good corporate citizenship and is committed to "providing excellent, affordable care to build a healthier and stronger community," it will consider requests for sponsorships of selected events of other nonprofit organizations (501c3). These sponsorships shall serve health-related purposes and be in alignment with the Summit Health mission and priorities.
Each year, Summit Health receives numerous requests for support from various community groups and organizations. As a non-profit healthcare provider, we believe that our job is to take care of our neighbors, and we give careful consideration to requests for financial and in-kind support, as they relate to our mission, vision, and core values.
Sponsorship support will be considered for health-related events that meet the following criteria:
- Events (including program advertising) that target and benefit persons who are mutual customers of both the non-profit organization and Summit Health
- Events related to initiatives that enhance health and/or quality of life in the communities within Summit Health’s service area
- In alignment with Summit Health’s mission, goals, and strategic objectives
- Incorporate clearly stated objectives and evidence/experience indicating benefits to targeted persons
- Provide positive public awareness of Summit Health and its services
- Sponsorships for national organizations must be centered on a local or regional event
- Help Summit Health build awareness of Summit's mission and commitment to the community while strengthening key community relationships
- Must have permission to use the Summit Health brand and logo in advertisements and other materials, such as t-shirts, banners, etc.
- Demonstrate collaboration and coordination with other community organizations or Summit Health services
- Summit Health will not grant annual, automatic contributions to any organizations. Annual requests must be resubmitted.
Note: Sponsorship is not advertising.
Contributions also may include staff time, meeting space, and other indirect resources for projects and activities that are consistent with our giving priorities.
Summit Health will not sponsor the following type of activities:
- Political, fraternal, or labor organizations/activities
- Requests from individuals or individual endeavors
- Requests and/or events that do not improve the health or economic well-being of the greater community in which we serve
- Activities that do not advance our public or corporate purpose
How To Apply
- All requests for event sponsorship and contribution requests should be submitted electronically using the online application. After completing the form, click submit.
- If you prefer to download a hard copy of the request form to complete & mail, click here for a copy of the form, which should be mailed to:
785 5th Avenue, Suite 1
Chambersburg, PA 17201
- Requests must be submitted at least eight (8) weeks prior to the sponsorship deadline.
- Submissions are received and evaluated on a timely, ongoing basis.
- Due to the number of requests received each year, we will respond to only those requests that are approved. If you have not received a response within 30 days from the date of your submission, the request was not approved. All decisions are final.
- Due to availability of funds, requests may be denied even if they fit the criteria.
- Only one request will be accepted per organization per year.
Questions may be emailed to email@example.com.