More than 93 million Americans are affected by the disease of obesity. Treating obesity can often be difficult. Those who are affected by this disease know first-hand that addressing weight and improving health is not always an easy task to accomplish.
Research shows that a successful program for weight management should be ongoing. That's why the team at Summit Weight Management is ready to offer the support you need – to help you reach your goal.
What can you expect when coming to our office?
- A relaxed, supportive environment. We won't rush you. This is your journey toward a healthier life; we're here to help you get there at the pace that works for you.
- Personal attention, individualized care. Our one-on-one appointments provide plenty of time to answer all your questions. Each patient care plan is specifically tailored with each patient's needs in mind.
- Science-based advice.We understand the science behind weight loss and that's what we'll teach you. We won't use gimmicks and we won't sell you products. We're here to help you learn how to maintain a healthy weight while eating real, whole foods for the rest of your life.
You will receive education and guidance on:
- Behavior modification (healthier habits, emotional health, and physical activity)
- Physical challenges caused by weight
- Weight reduction and maintenance
- Weight-related health problems
- Managing medications that impact weight
- Evaluation, monitoring, and management of weight loss medications (for those who qualify)
Frequency and intervals between follow-up visits are determined on a patient-to-patient basis. More frequent visits are encouraged until initial weight loss goals are achieved.
- Provide you with support, guidance and tools to help you achieve weight loss in a safe, evidence-based manner
- Help you maintain a healthy weight and body composition
- Prevent regaining lost weight in order to promote long-term benefits
Most major insurances accepted. Call (717) 267-6427 to schedule an appointment.
Download & complete new patient packet.
Summit Weight Management Services has partnered with Results Therapy & Fitness to develop a program that helps weight management patients learn basic gym know-how in the comfort of the Summit Weight Management facility. Learn more
- Weight of the Nation - HBO series
- 23 and 1/2 hours: What is the single best thing we can do for our health?
- Smart Snacking
- Food & Mood: Maintain a Healthy Balance
- Activate a Healthier You
Weight Management Tips
- 5-2-1-0 Program: Child Physical Activity Guide
- 10 Tips Nutrition Education Series
- 10 Tips that Families Can Use to Help Improve Their Physical Activity Levels
- Healthy Eating is Easier Than You Think
- Weight Management - FAQs
- Understanding Your Blood Work Results
- Mindful Eating Tips for the Holidays
Healthy Weight Tools
- Calories Calculator
- Food Journal
- Calculate your cardiac risk
- Calculate your body mass index (BMI)
"Eat Well for Life" Newsletters
Courtesy Highmark Blue Shield