Ready for a change? We're here to help you. Bariatric surgery is a life-changing procedure that can help you lose weight and gain a healthy, well-being.
Bariatric surgery helps people lose weight. You could be a candidate for weight-loss surgery if:
- You've had multiple unsuccessful attempts at weight loss
- You are ready to make a life-long commitment to changing your eating and exercise habits
- You are 100 pounds or more above your ideal body weight or you have a Body Mass Index of 40 or greater
- You have a Body Mass Index of 35 or greater with at least one obesity-related health condition
Weight-loss Surgery Choices
Gastric Bypass Surgery
To reduce the amount of food that is absorbed by the body, the stomach is shaped to form a small pouch and the surgeon creates a bypass of a short segment of the small intestine.
Adjustable Gastric Banding
An adjustable band is placed around the top portion of the stomach in order to restrict the amount of food you can eat before feeling full.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery
To diminish appetite and slow calorie intake, about 85 percent of the stomach is removed leaving only a small tube or “sleeve” for the new stomach pouch.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can weight-loss surgery help me?
- How can I pay / finance my surgery?
- What questions should I ask my surgeon?
- What can I eat after my surgery?