Summit Sports Medicine is here to support the specialized needs of athletes, whether you are professional level, student, or a weekend warrior. Our multi-disciplinary approach aims to offer superior treatment and rehabilitation of sports injuries, as well as to help athletes prevent injury through education and awareness.
Summit Sports Medicine is a comprehensive program that includes highly skilled and trained orthopedic surgeons, primary care physicians, athletic trainers, and physical therapists.
Additionally, we offer physical therapy and rehabilitation services, speed and agility training, and strength and conditioning options specifically tailored to the needs of student athletes.
Summit Sports Medicine is proud to partner with area schools by providing education seminars, coaches clinics and special programs to help manage injuries.
Our services include specialized orthopedic care led by sports-fellowship trained surgeons Dr. Brad Conner and Dr. Michael Day.
- ACL tear
- Knee cartilage injury
- Ligament tears
- Meniscus tear
- Osgood-Schlatter disease
- Patellar dislocation (knee cap)
- Patellar tendon rupture
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome (runner's knee)
- Quadriceps tendon ruptures
Shoulder and Elbow
- AC joint injury
- Baseball-related shoulder injuries
- Biceps tendon rupture
- Clavicle fracture (broken collarbone)
- Labral tear
- Rotator cuff tear
- Rotator cuff tendinitis
- Shoulder and elbow problems in pediatric and adolescent baseball players
- Shoulder bursitis
- Shoulder dislocation/instability
- Tennis elbow
- Ulnar collateral ligament tear
Foot and Ankle
- Achilles tendon rupture
- Jones fracture
- Hip arthroscopy
- Joint cracking and popping
- Muscle strain/tear
- Tendon and Ligament sprain/tear
- Articular cartilage preservation
Concussions can be very serious, and it is crucial that a healthcare professional evaluates a student athlete following an injury where a concussion is suspected. Summit Health’s Concussion Management Program will work with the athlete’s coach and trainers to make sure important information is being shared, and the student is properly recovered before returning to play.
By following baseline testing protocol using ImPACT technology, evaluating the injury, and following up with needed rest and therapy, our program ensures students are safely returning to the activities they love, without risk of further injury or complication.
We also offer baseline testing for students before a sports season begins. By getting a baseline test done, our specialists can better evaluate the impact of a head injury. By waiting until the student is able to return to their baseline level, we know they are safely returning to play. Many students opt to take the test during a sports physical. Please call (717) 267-7715 for more information on ImPACT baseline testing services.
Strength and Conditioning Training
The highly trained experts at Results Fitness specialize in meeting the strength and conditioning needs of premiere athletes in the area, helping them learn proper form to prevent injury.
Services offered to athletes include:
- Speed and agility training: This program is designed to help improve movement mechanics for all levels of athletes, from elite collegiate athletes to young children who are just starting their athletic careers. This class not only teaches proper starting, stopping, and change of direction mechanics to increase an athlete's speed and agility, but also has a strong focus on injury prevention.
- ACL injury prevention and evaluation program: We make use of an algorithm to assess the likelihood of high loads put on the knee during jumping and landing. This information is then used to design a training program to correct improper form.
Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation
Specially designed for athletes at all levels, our sports medicine specialists help restore function, decrease pain, and increase strength and flexibility. Education is an important component of the physical medicine services we provide.