At Summit Pulmonology, we want to help you by diagnosing, treating, and managing lung disorders.
Services & Treatment
Our providers are ready to help you with your:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Shortness of breath
- Lung cancer
- Sleep apnea
- Chronic cough
- Interstitial Lung Disease
- Chest X-Ray
- Xolair Injections (For severe, asthma triggered by year-round allergens in the air)
Lung Cancer Screening Program
We offer a low-cost lung scan to help detect and diagnose lung cancer and other conditions.
Early detection is the best prevention. The scan will help your doctor detect any small masses that may become cancerous, providing the best chance for early intervention and treatment.
Is this right for me?
For patients who are self-paying, the screening costs $99. Self-pay candidates include anyone who meets one of these two criteria:
- 55-79 years old
- Current smoker or quit within the past 15 years
- Have smoked at least a pack of cigarettes a day for 30+ years
- 50-79 years old
- Have smoked at least a pack of cigarettes a day for 20+ years
- Have one additional risk factor including radon exposure, asbestos exposure, lung cancer history, family history of lung cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or pulmonary fibrosis
Some insurance companies will cover the cost of the screening. For patients using their insurance, they must meet the criteria of Group 1. Medicare patients must also meet the criteria of Group 1 and be withing 55 to 77 years old.
Radon or asbestos exposure, personal or family history of cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), pulmonary fibrosis, or significant second hand smoke exposure.
What is the cost?
Screenings are $99 and are not covered by insurance. Some insurance companies will reimburse you after testing is complete.
If there is an abnormal finding, additional testing will be billed to your insurance company.
For more information
For more information, questions about the benefits and risks, or to schedule a screening, call your primary care doctor or the Lung Cancer Screening Program Navigator Leslie Clever at (717) 217-6001.