Speech Language Pathology (Speech Therapy) focuses on the evaluation and treatment of individuals with speech, language, cognition, and swallowing disorders.
- Improving Communication
- Video swallow study (X-ray)
- Swallowing disorders rehabilitation
- Voice disorders
- Stroke & neurological rehab
- Cognitive & traumatic brain injury rehabilitation
Having trouble swallowing?
Dysphagia, or trouble swallowing, can be caused by many factors. Signs of swallowing disorders may include:
- Coughing or choking while eating
- Becoming short of breath during or after meals
- Pain with swallowing
- Persistent throat clearing after swallowing
- Sensation of food getting stuck in your throat
- Inability to swallow
How therapy can help
Our trained speech therapists can:
- Conduct videofluoroscopic (X-ray) swallowing studies
- Offer diet recommendations and eating strategies
- Design individualized therapy program, including home exercises
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, contact your health care provider and request a referral for Speech Therapy.