PreventT2 is part of the National Diabetes Prevention Program, led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). It is a proven program to prevent or delay type 2 diabetes in high-risk patients.
The PreventT2 lifestyle change program can help you lose weight, become more physically active, and reduce stress. To participate, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Be overweight (BMI 24 or greater, or 22 or greater if Asian); Calculate your BMI
- Have no previous diagnosis of type 1 or type 2 diabetes;
- Have established risk factors for developing type 2 diabetes; or
- Have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes within the past year or previously with gestational diabetes.
PreventT2 is a year-long program with weekly meetings for the first 6 months, then once or twice a month for the second 6 months.
- Info Session: Oct. 9, 5-6 p.m., 12 St. Paul Dr., 2nd Floor Conference Room, Chambersburg
- Session 1: Oct. 16, 12 St. Paul Dr., 2nd Floor Conference Room, Chambersburg