PreventT2 is part of the National Diabetes Prevention Program, led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). It is a proven program to prevent or delay type 2 diabetes in high-risk patients.
- Learn more about the program
- Download a recommendation form for healthcare providers
- Could you have prediabetes? Take the quiz
The PreventT2 lifestyle change program can help you lose weight, become more physically active, and reduce stress. To participate, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Be overweight (BMI 24 or greater, or 22 or greater if Asian); Calculate your BMI
- Have no previous diagnosis of type 1 or type 2 diabetes;
- Have established risk factors for developing type 2 diabetes; or
- Have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes within the past year or previously with gestational diabetes.
PreventT2 is a year-long program with weekly meetings for the first 6 months, then once or twice a month for the second 6 months. An info session will be held 5-6 p.m. Feb. 15, 2018, at the Sentry Trust Building, 785 Fifth Ave., Chambersburg. The first class will be held Feb. 22, 2018.