Enhancing the patient experience is about focusing on health care through the eyes of others. We request your partnership and invite you to learn more about our Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC).
The rewards of participating on the PFAC will be many, from meeting new friends to hearing the voices of others, and making an impact on the care of our patients. It’s your opportunity to make a difference and to celebrate hope and healing.
The mission of the Patient and Family Advisory Council is to provide a health-care experience that is patient and family centered. We will accomplish this by providing a forum for patients and families to assist in design, implementation, and evaluation of change in policies, programs, and practices that affect the care and services individuals and families receive.
- Participation in meetings
- Attendance at PFAC orientation programs
- An opportunity to engage in additional work outside the meetings for program development and to meet with patients and families about their experiences
We are looking for patients and family members willing to make a commitment to:
- Meet with hospital leadership, providers, staff, patients, and families to share experiences and work as a team
- Listen to and respect the perspectives of others
- Provide thoughtful, honest feedback
- Work on program development projects and other projects outside the monthly meeting
- Educate leadership and staff
- Work to enhance the patient and family experience and transform hospital care
Goals of the Patient and Family Advisory Council
- Improve the flow of information and sharing of knowledge between patients, families, and the health-care team
- Empower patients, families, and staff through continuous education
- Identify and address patient and family needs in all aspects (body, mind, spirit) of care
- Enhance ongoing collaboration and cooperation among clinicians, patients, and families for the benet of the patient’s health-care team (e.g. primary-care doctor, consults, specialists)
- Protect the patient’s dignity and assure safety
- Assure the best possible medical and emotional outcome for the patient and their family members
- Participate in the development and planning of patient and family satisfaction initiatives and care improvement initiatives
If you are interested in learning more about participating in the Patient and Family Advisory Council, please contact us at:
WellSpan Waynesboro Hospital, 501 E. Main St. Waynesboro, PA 17268 717-765-4000 Ext. 5175
WellSpan Chambersburg Hospital, 112 N. 7th St. Chambersburg, PA 17201 717-267-3000 Ext. 7454