The Pastoral Services Department offers assistance and support in meeting the spiritual and educational needs of the community.
- Notifying, whenever requested, the appropriate faith community or religious group that one of their members is in the hospital and desires a visit.
- Clinical pastoral care training and monthly continuing education for clergy and laity.
- Internship for seminary/religious institution students.
- Training of grief support group facilitators to lead support groups.
- Providing volunteer on-call chaplaincy services to respond to emergencies after 6 pm weekdays and 24-hours on weekends.
- Providing community clergy with 24-hour computer access to hospitalized church members.
- Staff chaplain available for preaching, counseling and to serve as a resource for workshops or seminars on religion, health, pastoral care, and counseling.
- Organizing overseas medical missions.