CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently declared a national flu epidemic.
The flu and the common cold can have similar symptoms – fever, body aches, tiredness, and cough – but in general, they are more intense with the flu.
Seek medical attention immediately if you experience any of the following:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Purple or blue discoloration of the lips
- Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen
- Sudden dizziness
- Severe or persistent vomiting
- Flu-like symptoms that improve but return with fever and cough
For more information on the flu, visit www.SummitHealth.org/Flu.
Summit Health is a non-profit network of hospitals and physician practices dedicated to building a healthier community.
As Franklin County's leading healthcare provider, Summit Health offers family care, specialists, lab and imaging services, a fitness center, two walk-in care centers, and two award-winning hospitals.