CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. – Chambersburg Urgent Care is now open and seeing patients.
A Grand Opening service and ribbon cutting was held at 8 a.m. today with the Greater Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce. Summit Health Chaplain Paul Yeun offered a blessing of the building.
The facility, located at 1000 Norland Ave., will be open every day, including holidays, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
“We know that patients are busy and need an easily accessible option,” said Dr. Brooke Sheffler, associate medical director for walk-in & urgent care. “Which is why we’re excited for the opportunity to offer more services and convenient hours to the Chambersburg community.”
Some of the services available include treatment for:
- Illnesses, such as cold & flu
- Injuries, such as sprains & strains
- Sports Physicals
- Sinus infections & Seasonal Allergies
- Sore throat & Strep Throat
- Ear pain & Ear Infections
- Minor trauma, burns & cuts
- Rashes & Poison Ivy
For more information, call Chambersburg Urgent Care at (717) 267-MEND or visit www.OnTheGoCare.com.
Urgent Care services are also offered at Shippensburg Urgent Care, 46 Walnut Bottom Road, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. every day.
How do I know where to go?
There are several options when it comes to medical care. Knowing where to go often depends on the type of illness or injury and the severity.
- Walk-in Care, like our facility in Greencastle, offers treatment for common, non-life threatening conditions, such as colds, coughs, and flu symptoms.
- Urgent Care, like our facilities in Chambersburg and Shippensburg, is similar, but offers expanded service hours and enhanced services for treatment of an illness or condition that requires care within 24 hours to avoid further complications.
- The Emergency Department is available for life-threatening conditions and other illnesses and injuries. If you are experiencing chest pain, shortness of breath, dizziness, loss of consciousness, severe headache, severe abdominal pain, or severe bleeding, go to the nearest hospital emergency department or call 911.
Summit Health is a non-profit network of hospitals and physician practices dedicated to building a healthier community.
As Franklin County's leading healthcare provider, Summit Health offers family care, specialists, lab and imaging services, a fitness center, urgent care centers, and two award-winning hospitals.