CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. – With Thanksgiving Day just around the corner, and Christmas not too far behind, there will be no shortage of holiday foods to enjoy.
However, Melissa T. Benzon, a registered dietitian with Summit Endocrinology, has five tips for healthy habits this Holiday season:
1. Start the day with breakfast. Skipping meals may lead to overeating later.
2. Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water prior to eating and over the course of the day to help control appetite.
3. Have everything in moderation. Enjoy smaller portions of your favorite foods.
4. Savor the flavors. Eat slowly, take smaller bites, chew foods thoroughly, and put your utensil down in between bites.
5. Make time for exercise. Enjoy your time with family and friends with activity as well as great food.
Summit Endocrinology offers nutrition counseling to help you manage all aspects of nutrition – including heart health, healthy weight, food allergies, and digestive disorders. For more information, visit SummitHealth.org/Endocrinology or call (717) 217-6820.