CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. – In honor of the American Cancer Society's Great American Smoke Out today, Dr. Peter Jablin of Summit Pulmonology has 10 reasons to stop smoking now:
1. It will reduce the risk of heart attack.
2. It will reduce the risk of stroke.
3. It will reduce the risk emphysema.
4. It will reduce the risk of smoking-related cancers arising from lung, throat, esophagus, bladder, and stomach.
5. It will help others, such as your spouse or children, to quit.
6. It will reduce the risk of peripheral vascular disease.
7. It will save money.
8. It will eliminate smoke-related smells and odors.
9. You will feel pride in your accomplishment.
10. You will be able to more actively participate with your family and watch your grandchildren grow up.
The doctors at Summit Pulmonology help diagnose, treat, and manage lung disorders. Also, our new Lung Cancer Screening Program offers patients a low-cost lung scan to help detect and diagnose lung cancer and other conditions.
The practice is located at 601 Norland Ave., Suite 100, Chambersburg. For more information, visit SummitHealth.org/services/pulmonology or call (717) 264-1600.