You are hereHome» Waynesboro Hospital
At Waynesboro Hospital, we believe that our job is to make you feel better. We lead the region in patient satisfaction scores. You can take comfort in our care.
Our values of service, integrity, compassion, and excellence define how we want to care for you. If we’re doing well, let us know. And, if we’re not, you need to tell us that too. We want you to feel comfortable sharing your questions with your care team.
Your care team will be led by our Hospitalists. They will oversee your care while you're here, and they will be in contact with your Primary Care Doctor to provide updates on your progress.
- Visitors identified as family or support person(s) are welcome to visit at any time.
- Visitors should be age 12 or older unless special permission has been given.
Critical Care Unit (CCU) / Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Immediate family or support person(s) and clergy only
Family Birthing Department
Visiting hours are open. There is no age limit or max amount of visitors at one time.
Medical / Surgical
Visiting hours are Noon to 8 pm
The Pastoral Services Department offers assistance and support in meeting your spiritual and educational needs.
Waynesboro Hospital was established in1922 by a group of volunteers in response to the Spanish Influenza Since then, our timeline has reflected the incredible advancements of the Franklin County community.
The Waynesboro Hospital Ethics Committee offers help and consulting for families who are facing an ethical question or dilemma inregards to a patient's care.
Waynesboro Hospital is committed to providing our patients with the highest quality of care with compassion and respect for all your healthcare needs in a safe and supportive environment.
Questions you may have about your care:
- Will I be safe?
- Will I receive timely and effective treatment?
- Will I be satisfied with the care received?
We strive daily to make sure all your questions and needs are met with open and honest communication. Below are links to our quality scores, which show how we compare to other healthcare systems on a national average. By sharing this information, we hope to gain your trust and also continue to improve the care we provide.
Quality scores available for:
Working at Waynesboro Hospital has its benefits.
- Core Values (Integrity, Compassion, Excellence, Service)
- Cutting Edge State-of-the-art Technology and Electronic Medical Records
- Customer Service Initiatives
- Business Casual Dress
- Low Turnover
- COO Associate Meetings
- Open Door Policy
- Leadership Standards
- Hands-on Clinical Managers
- Approachable Leaders
(subject to availability)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Catastrophic sick leave
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug benefits
- Life Insurance (term) and AD&D
- 401(k) Retirement Program
- Direct Deposit
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Health Screening and Immunizations
- Flexible Spending Account Plans
- Discount Auto and Homeowners Insurance
- PA 529 - College Savings Program
- Education Assistance
- Discount Vision Card Program
- Shared Governance
- Process Group(s) for Specific Issues
- Increased Staff Participation in Self-Scheduling
- Renovation of Work Environment (Staff-Driven)
Education / Development
- Affiliations with Colleges and Universities
- BLS, ACLS, PALs Offered
- Mentoring Program
- Cross-Training and Shadowing Opportunities
- Clinical Ladders
- Educational Loans and Tuition Assistance
Celebration & Recognition
- Professional Recognition Weeks
- Nurse's Week Award Ceremony
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Employee Recognition
- Service Awards
Partnering with your Primary Care Physician, Summit Hospitalists will take care of you during your hospital stay. As Hospitalists, we’re a group of doctors who specialize in hospital medicine. We’re here to help you get better!
- In-hospital coverage 24-hours a day, every day of the year
- Access to every department and to all types of specialists
- We order and follow-up on tests and adjust treatments as needed
- We share information and provide timely reports to your Primary Care Physician since they will resume your care after you leave the hospital
Your Health Information
At the time of your admission to the Waynesboro Hospital, your primary care physician will provide records about your illness. The process is no different than a referral to a specialist for another opinion, or for additional tests and treatment.
501 East Main Street, Waynesboro, PA 17268
Phone: (717)765-4000 x5539 Fax: (717)765-3669
As our community continues to grow, so do we!
Waynesboro Hospital opening new medical office building early Summer 2015.
A three-story, 50,000 sq. foot building containing physician practices and possibly a walk-in care center.
Services planned include:
- Family Care
- Walk-in Care
Reason: We are designing this building with our patients in mind, but we are also hoping to attract new physicians to the area with this new medical building.
Click image to enlarge image
|Medical Office Building Rendering||Office Location||Groundbreaking - March 3, 2014||Construction begins - March 2014|
|Exam Room - Style 1||Exam Room - Style 2||Waiting Area - View 1||Waiting Area - View 2|