Our centers use a multi-disciplinary, team approach in treating our patients to ensure that all of their wound care needs are met. This involves professional care from general surgeons, vascular surgeons, podiatrists, infectious disease physicians, certified wound care specialists, physical therapists, physical therapist assistants and nurses.
To the patient this means that a specialist in their type of wound, or cause of wound, is on hand to develop individualized care plans to aid in the healing process.
Patients can be referred to our Wound Care Centers by any physician or healthcare provider, but a referral is not necessary. Self referrals are welcomed.
To make an appointment, please call (717) 267-7715 (Chambersburg) or (717) 765-3456 (Waynesboro)
Commonly Treated Wounds
- Diabetic/Neuropathic ulcers
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Surgical wounds
- Wounds caused by circulatory problems
- Wounds associated with edema/swelling
- Pressure ulcers
- Chronic, slow healing wounds
- Complicated wounds
- Painful wounds
- Post-operative skin grafts
- Traumatic wounds
- Advanced wound care dressings
- Application of skin substitutes
- Debridement or removal of dead, damaged, or infected tissue
- Edema control
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Measurement for compression garments
- Vacuum assisted closure (VAC)
- Unna boot application
- Customized footwear, shoes, orthotics, braces
- Treatment techniques including electrical stimulation, ultrasound, hydrotherapy
- Compression pump therapy
- Pressure relief
- Scar management
- Patient education
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is only available at Chambersburg Hospital.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy allows the body’s natural wound-healing systems to work better and speed up the healing process. Your body's tissues need an adequate supply of oxygen to function. When tissue is injured, it requires even more oxygen to survive. Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy increases the amount of oxygen your blood can carry. An increase in blood oxygen promotes healing and helps fight infection.
At Chambersburg Hospital, we can use Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy to help heal chronic and complex wounds related to:
Certain bone & Skin infections
Treatments vary depending on your type of wound. Most treatments are 2 hours each day for 5 days a week. This routine will typically continue for 4 or 5 weeks.
- Our units are designed to enhance your comfort level during treatment. You can watch your favorite movie or listen to music while you heal
- One of our skilled staff members will be in the room with you during your treatment and you can freely communicate
- Our team of doctors, certified wound therapists, and nurses work together to design a care plan that is right for you
Most health insurance carriers, including Medicare, cover the use of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy. Before your first treatment, our staff will go over your insurance information to determine your out-of-pocket costs.