Community tours hospital’s new addition
CHAMBERSBURG, Pa.– More than 1,600 community members toured Chambersburg Hospital’s new 180,000 square-foot King Street Addition last week.
The tour routes led visitors through the expanded cardiology suite and onto patient floors where visitors could view the new, 100 percent private patient rooms.
The new addition was designed to create a soothing environment were patients can rest easier and heal faster.
The hospital will begin moving patients to the new addition on Saturday, December 8.
The new addition features:
- 171 spacious, private rooms
- Three heart catheterization labs
- Personal bathrooms in each room
- Flat screen TVs
- Comfortable guest furniture
- Temperature controls in each patient room
- Soothing colors and décor
- Unique, calming glass sculptures and uplifting photographs by local talent
- Internet access (Wi-Fi)
Award Winning Heart Care
With the new addition, Chambersburg Hospital's award-winning heart care program will see an expansion to the cardiac catheterization lab in the new King Street Addition. The space has expanded from 3,100 square feet to 20,000 square feet and includes:
- Three catheterization labs
- 12 patient bays
- GE imaging technology
- More privacy for patients
- Larger, more comfortable waiting room for visitors
Chambersburg Hospital, an affiliate of Summit Health, is a non-profit community hospital dedicated to building a healthier community through leading-edge medical technology, skilled physicians, caring staff, and convenient locations. For more information about Chambersburg Hospital, call (717) 267-3000 or visit www.SummitHealth.org