Dr. Roy A. Himelfarb Surgery Center
At the Dr. Roy Himelfarb Surgery Center, we deliver top quality care for your outpatient surgery procedures. Our state-of-the-art center is fully equipped with reception and waiting areas, private pre-operative room, operating rooms, and recovery area.
At our multi-specialty surgery center, the following procedures are performed:
- Ear, Nose & Throat surgery
- General surgery
- Gynecological surgery
- Ophthalmic surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Pain management surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Podiatry surgery
Pre - Surgery
To make your surgery day run smoothly and quickly, pre-registration will be taken care of during scheduling of your surgery day.
You will be given an arrival time 2 days before your scheduled surgery day.
If your surgeon orders labs or EKGs, all tests must be completed a week prior to your surgery. Our anesthesiologist will review all labs and EKGs during this time.
Insurance & Payment
- We advise you to take care of all payment and insurance arrangements prior to your surgery whether co-pay or self-pay.
- Co-pay - Have insurance card, photo I.D.., and payment with you day of surgery.
- Self-pay - If you can't pay in full day of surgery, we ask if you can pay half or set up payment arrangements prior to surgery if possible.
Please bring the following items with you:
- Insurance cards
- Valid photo I.D..
- Complete patient responsibility form (you'll receive in the mail)
- Bring someone with you to drive you home
On your surgery day:
- Please arrive on time for your appointment
- Our staff will meet with you and take you to prep for surgery
- Our staff will check your basic health status and briefly review the procedure
- We encourage that your family wait for you in our waiting reception area
If your surgical procedure requires anesthesia:
- You will be monitored in the recovery room after procedure
- You must have someone to drive you home
- Your family member/ significant caring for you will need to be present for discharge instructions and if the doctor needs to speak with them
- We may call you the next day to see how you are doing or if you have any questions