Results Therapy and Fitness features an L-shaped pool with three depths for different amounts of buoyancy. It comes complete with jets to provide resistance, benches for whirlpool massage, and three viewing windows, so therapists can see below the waterline.
Water provides buoyancy for individuals who can't support their own weight on land. The water also offers natural resistance to help build strength.
Immersion in water, combined with exercise, provides unique treatment plans not possible on land. It also enhances the usual rehabilitation process for many patients ranging from orthopedic dysfunction, arthritis, and neural complications.
- Increased ease of joint range of motion
- Increased blood supply to muscles
- Decreased pain and tension
- Increased amount of blood return to the heart
- Decreased edema of submerged body part
- Decrease muscle spasms
- Promote body awareness, trunk stability and balance
- Strengthen muscles with resistance in all directions
Aquatic Therapy Programs
- Water walking and jogging
- Strength training
- Flexibility training
- Sports specific exercise
- Relaxation and tone reduction
- Joint mobilization
Precautions and/or Contraindications
- Unstable congestive heart failure
- Infectious disease
- Open wounds
- Contagious skin rashes
- Incontinence of bowel or bladder
- Tracheostomy, nasogastric, and gastrostomy tubes
Check with your health care provider to see if Aquatic Therapy could benefit you!