Nutrition Counseling Services
- Heart Disease - help lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Diabetes - help manage blood sugars with diet
- High blood pressure - help lower blood pressure
- Cancer - prevention, and good nutrition during and after cancer treatments
- Gastric Bypass (Bariatric) Surgery - nutrition evaluations, pre- and post- surgery nutrition education and counseling
- Weight loss and weight management - we utilize a non-diet approach
- Kidney disease - help delay progression of kidney disease
- Pregnancy, including Gestational Diabetes - healthy eating during pregnancy and weight management during pregnancy
- Child and adolescent nutrition, including weight management
- Vegetarian - meeting nutritional needs on a vegetarian diet
- Eating disorders
Please bring the following to your first visit:
- A three-day record of everything you ate and drank
- A list of medications, vitamin supplements, and herbs you are taking
- Questions you may have
- Your personal nutrition goal
Follow-up visits provide an opportunity to revise meal plans as needed, update goals, and monitor progress.
Our staff of registered dietitians (RD) are members of the American Dietetic Association, which maintains high-quality standards in the field of nutrition. In addition, our dietitians are licensed (LDN – licensed dietitian nutritionist) through the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. You can be assured, you are seeing a nutrition expert.
A fee is required for our professional services. Please check with your insurance provider regarding coverage for nutrition counseling services. A physician referral is needed for insurance billing purposes. Clients can also self-refer and pay out-of-pocket.