Family Birthing Services
At Waynesboro Hospital’s Family Birthing Services, we will give you and your family quality, personal care before, during and after delivery.
- Evaluation and treatment of pregnancy and its complications
- Care of the expectant mother during labor, delivery and recovery, be it a vaginal or Caesarean birth
- Monitoring and care of newborns
- Stabilization of high-risk obstetrical and newborn patients
- Childbirth and baby-care education classes
- Breastfeeding classes
- Mother-Baby Line: (717) 765-3417
- Grief counseling
Our unit is comprised of LDRP (Labor, Delivery, Recovery, and Postpartum) rooms. This means that under most circumstances you will be in the same room your entire stay with us. We also have outpatient testing rooms, regular hospital rooms, a Level 1 newborn nursery, a tub room, and a mother's lounge. Each room has its own bathroom and spacious shower. Each room is also equipped for one support person to stay with you.
Portable Fetal Monitors
You can take a walk or even soak in our therapeutic tub while our high- tech monitor continues to watch your baby's progress during labor.
The mother's lounge has drinks and snacks available for you and your support person. The hospital has a snack bar if your support person or visitors would like more to eat. The tub room is for laboring patients only. Our unit is locked for the safety and security of our moms and babies.
Tours are available by appointment. Please call (717) 765-3417 to schedule.
Your team of nurses and support staff work closely with obstetricians/gynecologists, midwives, pediatricians, and family practitioners, to provide you with the best, personalized care in a secured, calming environment.
Click image to view larger image.
Make sure to pack the following items with you during your stay:
- Two or more pillows
- Focal point
- iPod/MP3 player with your favorite music
- Hand-held massager
- Camera or video recorder
- Reading & writing material
- Watch with second hand
- Lip balm
- Toiletries for Mom & partner
- Nightgown, bathrobe & slippers
- Bra, panties & socks
- Mom’s clothes for going home
- Baby’s clothes for going home