What is a mammogram?
A mammogram is an x-ray picture inside the breast. This image allows your doctor to see any changes in your breast tissue that could not be felt during a clinical breast exam.
Summit Health uses advanced digital technology for mammograms. Digital images provide a more detailed view of the breast. We also use the MammoPad® breast cushion to make mammography more comfortable.
Guidelines For Early Detection of Breast Cancer
- Age 20 and older - do a self breast exam monthly
- Age 20 to 40 - schedule a clinical breast exam every 3 years and do a self breast exam monthly
- Age 40 and older - schedule mammograms every year, do monthly self breast exams and schedule yearly clinical exams
- If high risk - yearly mammograms and possibly yearly MRIs. Ask your doctor to be sure.
- Chambersburg | Rhonda Brake Shreiner Women's Center | M-Th 6:30 am - 8 pm & Fri 6:30 am - 4 pm
- Greencastle | John L. Grove Medical Center | M-F 7:15 am - 4 pm | By appointment only
- Shippensburg | Shippensburg Medical Campus | M/W 7 am - 6:30 pm & Tues/Th/F 7 am - 1:30 pm
- Waynesboro | Waynesboro Hospital | M-F 7:15 am - 4:00 pm | By appointment only