Bone Density Scanning
What is Bone Density Scanning?
Bone density scanning is an advanced x-ray system used to measure bone loss.
It helps doctors prevent and treat diseases like osteoperosis and osteopenia.
The test only takes 10 to 15 minutes.
This test is recommended for:
- Anyone over the age of 50 years
- Women who have completed menopause
- Anyone who has a thyroid condition
- Current cigarette smokers
- Anyone who weigh less than 125 pounds
- Anyone who has had a hip fracture
- Anyone who has taken steriods for 3 months or more
- Anyone with Type 1 diabetes, liver disease, kidney disease or a family history of osteoporosis.
Additional information is available at RadiologyInfo.org.