You are hereHome» Chambersburg Hospital
Thank you for choosing us for your care. We believe it’s our job to make you feel better.
Our values of service, integrity, compassion, and excellence define how we want to care for you. If we’re doing well, let us know. And, if we’re not, you need to tell us that too. We want you to feel comfortable sharing your questions with your care team.
Your care team will be led by our Hospitalists. They will oversee your care while you're here, and they will be in contact with your Primary Care Doctor to provide updates on your progress.
Visiting hours are noon - 8 pm, unless indicated differently (see list below). Visitors identified as family or support person(s) are welcome to visit at any time. Visitors should be age 12 or older unless special permission has been given.
Monday - Friday: 6 - 8 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 1 - 2:30 pm & 6 - 8 pm
Visitor's Guide to the Behavioral Health Unit
Critical Care Unit (CCU) / Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Immediate family or support person(s) and clergy only
Monday - Friday: 5 - 8 pm
Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 12 noon - 8 pm
Day 1 of admission: Parents or primary caregivers may stay (limited to 2 people)
- Parents or primary caregivers: 9 am - 8 pm (one parent may stay overnight)
- Other adults: 12 noon - 8 pm
Father/support person(s): Visit any time
Adults and siblings of the newborn: 12 noon - 8 pm
- A maximum of only 3 people (support person included) should be with visiting during labor and delivery.
- No more than 5 visitors (support person included) should be visiting at once after delivery.
- Visitors must be at least 12 years old unless they are a sibling of the newborn.
Pastoral Care Services
The Pastoral Care Services Department offers assistance and support in meeting your spiritual and educational needs.
Coffee Shop & Gift Shop
For the convenience of family members, light meals and refreshments are available in the Coffee Shop located in the main lobby. Operated by the Chambersburg Area Hospital Auxiliary, the Gift Shop offers a great selection of balloons, cards, collectibles, jewelry, fresh flowers, plants, baby gifts, toys, seasonal gifts, inspirational gifts, candles and stationary. The Gift Shop accepts phone orders, please call (717) 267-7932 to place your order today!
Gift Shop Hours
Monday–Friday . . . . . . . . . . . . 10 am to 7 pm
Saturday. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 to 4 pm
Holidays. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Closed
* Our hospital volunteers are available to get items from the Gift Shop and Coffee Shop for you. This service is available Monday through Friday, from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm by calling (717)267-3000 ext.1213.
Brighten someone's day with a cheerful greeting. Our Volunteers deliver your card directly to the patient.
Working at Chambersburg Hospital has its benefits.
Chambersburg Hospital offers an excellent benefit package to our employees. Specific benefits vary by position.
- Culture of performance
- Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Excellence, and Service
- Visionary leaders
- Leading edge Technology
- Electronic Medical Records
- Customer service initiatives
- Dress code is "Business Casual"
- Low turnover
- CEO meets with employees at least twice each year
- Patient- centered care environment
- Hours per patient day
- RN/CNA staffing model
- Bed Making Team
- Transport Team
- Open Door Policy
- Leadership Standards
- Hands-on Clinical Managers
- Approachable Leaders
(subject to availability)
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Prescription Drug benefits
- Holiday, Vacation, Personal and Sick Time
- Employee and Dependent Life Insurance and AD & D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pension Plan and a 403(b) Plan
- Direct Deposit
- Clinical Ladders (subject to eligibility)
- RN/ PRN Bonus Program
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Annual Health Screening
- Collaborative Governance
- Process Group(s) for Specific Issues
- Increased Staff Participation in Self-Scheduling
- Renovation of Work Environment (Staff-Driven)
- Schedule Options
- Weekend Options
- Variety of Shifts
- Alternate Shifts Available
Education / Development
- Affiliations with Colleges / Universities
- BLS, ACLS, PAL’s offered
- Mentoring Program
- Cross Training Opportunities
- Clinical Ladders
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-Site Training / Seminars
- Career Days / Programs
- GN/RN Residency Program
Celebration & Recognition
- Professional Recognition Weeks
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Employee Recognition
- Core Values Award
Chambersburg Hospital opened in 1895 with only 9 beds. Since then, our timeline has reflected the incredible advancements of the Franklin County community.
Chambersburg Hospital is committed to providing our patients with the highest quality of care with compassion and respect for all your healthcare needs in a safe and supportive environment.
Questions you may have about your care:
- Will I be safe?
- Will I receive timely and effective treatment?
- Will I be satisfied with the care received?
We strive daily to make sure all your questions and needs are met with open and honest communication. Below are links to our quality scores, which show how we compare to other healthcare systems on a national average. By sharing this information, we hope to gain your trust and also continue to improve the care we provide.
Quality scores available for:
Our research library is open to the public and features collections of books, journals, audiovisual materials, and periodicals.
Designed with you in mind.
Opening in December 2012, the new addition to Chambersburg Hospital was designed to help you heal faster. Each room is spacious and private with plenty of room for your visitors.
That means you can rest easier, heal faster, and enjoy more privacy than ever before.
Summit Hospitalists specialize in hospital medicine. We will work closely with your primary care doctor and oversee your care during your stay at Chambersburg Hospital.
- In-hospital coverage 24-hours a day, every day of the year
- Access to collaboratively work with all departments and specialists
- Order and follow-up on tests
- Adjust treatments as needed depending upon test results
- Explain test results and treatment to your family
- Communicate and provide timely reports to your primary care doctor, since he/she will resume your care after you leave the hospital
Your Health Information
At the time of your admission to the Waynesboro Hospital, your primary care physician will provide records about your illness. The process is no different than a referral to a specialist for another opinion, or for additional tests and treatment.
112 N. Seventh Street, Chambersburg, PA 17201
Phone: (717)217-4300 Fax: (717)217-4399