Message from the President and CEO
Dear Prospective Employee
I’m glad that you’re interested in joining our team!
At Summit Health, we believe that employees are the foundation of our business. Without dedicated, caring, and highly skilled employees, we wouldn’t be able to realize the success we’ve earned.
To be part of our team, you’ll need to be sincerely committed to exceeding our patients’ expectations every single day. We’re here to help our patients feel better – and that means doing a lot more than treating their problems and sending them home. They are our guests, and we’re delighted to have the opportunity to help them heal.
While you’re making your decision about joining our team, here are some other facts you might be interested in. Best of luck in your job search, and perhaps I’ll see you at one of our hospitals, health centers, or physician practices very soon.
Norman B. Epstein, President and CEO
Our Top Honors in Fiscal Year 2012
Waynesboro Hospital ranked among Top 10% in the nation for “Outstanding Patient Experience” according to HealthGrades.
Chambersburg Hospital received United Healthcare’s “Gold Star II Award” in recognition of the hospital’s successful infection control program. Chambersburg Hospital was 1 of only 20 hospitals across Pennsylvania to receive the award.
Summit Health’s “Pathways to Nursing Careers” program recognized as a best practice and innovative program by the Society of Healthcare Human Resources Professionals of Pennsylvania.
Chambersburg Hospital received the “5 Star Community Value Award” from Cleverley + Associates for lower costs, lower charges, using financial resources efficiently, operating with a high degree of community value, and providing high-quality patient care.
Waynesboro Hospital “Most Recommended Hospital in the Region” according to patient satisfaction scores reported by the federal government.
Chambersburg Hospital designated as an “Institute of Quality” by Aetna for cardiac interventions. This recognition is only available to hospitals with heart care programs that have higher standards of care, treat a high number of heart patients, and have higher success rates for their patients.
About Summit Health
- Non-profit organization
- Parent organization of to Franklin County’s two hospitals
- Parent organization to Summit Physician Services
- 162 employed providers
- 27 practice sites
- 23 medical specialties
- 1,199 volunteers and auxiliary members
- 2,993 employees (including more than 100 physicians)
- $395.8 million in revenue
- $395.3 million in expenses
- $703.4 million estimated regional economic impact according to the Hospital & Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania Feb. 2011
- $42.6 million in Community Outreach
Primary Service Area
- Franklin County, Pennsylvania and surrounding communities
- 23 municipalities
- Nearly 800 square miles
- Population of about 170,000
- Median household income of approximately $52,000
Our Health System
- Chambersburg Hospital (240 beds)
- Waynesboro Hospital (62 beds)
- 2 Walk-in Care Centers
- Wound Care Center
- Cancer Treatment Services
- Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation
- Behavioral Health
- Breast Care Center
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Nutrition Services
- Urology Services
- Weight Management Services
- Outpatient Surgery Center
- Fitness Center
- 4 Sleep Centers
- 7 Lab Locations
- 7 Imaging Locations
- 5 Satellite Health Centers
- 7 Family Medicine Practices
- 20 Specialty Practices
- 285,434 visits to our physician practices
- 15,466 admissions to our hospitals
- 1,787 babies delivered
- 14,610 surgeries performed
- 80,896 Emergency Department visits
- 1.41 million lab tests