Summit Endowment will focus grant-making efforts upon the key issues of prevention and management of diabetes, and physical activity.
For possible consideration for grant assistance:
- Grant applicants must be 501(c) -3 tax-exempt organizations
- Departments of Summit Health are eligible to apply
- Program must benefit residents of Summit Health's service area
- Funded programs can be countywide
- Program initiative must prove aspects of prevention and/or early detection
- Grant applicants must include specific plans for defining and measuring the outcomes of the program
- Capital campaigns and facility projects will not be funded
- In funding grant requests, preference will be given to funding new initiatives over the ongoing support of existing programs.
- Operating costs beyond initial new program startup costs are not funded, in order to assure program's sustainability after Endowment grant funding ends.
- Capital items (those that last two years or longer with a value of $1,000 or more) may be considered for funding if they are an integral part of a new or expanded program effort.
- Funding commitments are made on an annual basis, with possible renewal up to a maximum of three years funding for any project. Continuation of funding would be based on satisfactory progress in reaching program objectives and desired outcomes.
For more information, call (717) 267-4861 or e-mail email@example.com